03 May MOROCCAN SWEET POTATO STEW
4 tbsp olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 tbsp roasted garlic, purée
2 tsp curry powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
1 can (15 oz) vegetable broth
1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
3 small zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
1-1/2 cups whole-grain couscous
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
– In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion and cook until tender and lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic, curry powder, cumin and allspice; cook 30 seconds
– Add tomatoes, broth, beans and sweet potatoes; cover and heat to boiling over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook 10 minutes.
– Stir in zucchini, cover and cook until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes.
– Meanwhile, prepare couscous as label directs.
– Before serving, stir mint into stew. Serve stew with couscous.