28 Jun PURPLE CABBAGE, CUCUMBER, CELERY AND APPLE PRESSED SALAD
3/4 cup carrots, grated
3/4 cup purple cabbage, finely sliced
3/4 cup sour green apple, finely sliced
3/4 cup celery, finely sliced
2 tsp sea salt
Lemon juice, to taste
– In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except lemon juice. Massage gently by hand.
– Transfer to a crock and place a plate on top, adding a weight on top of the plate.
– Let the vegetables sit unrefrigerated for 30 to 60 minutes or more or until water is expelled from the vegetables.
– Discard the water and rinse off vegetables and apple under fresh water so that they are not too salty.
– Squeeze lemon juice over pressed salad and serve. Dulse or wakame can be added.